If you want to get physically stronger, it's pretty clear where to go and what to do — you join a solid gym, and you go there to get your workouts in. They've got the equipment you need for physical training, and there's trainers there if you want someone to help check your form or give you guidance.
The progression in physical strength is pretty simple — you track your weight and reps on your lifts. If you're looking for a particular body composition, you can use a scale, measuring tape, and take occasional progress photos of yourself. It's all very straightforward and easy to do in 2018.
Now here's a question for you — where do you go if you want to get better at working?
We're very pleased to announce...
The Work Gym.
A place to,
(1) Come get your work done,
(2) Do more work,
(3) Train and get better at working,
(4) Perfect your "form" and mechanics of working,
(5) Be around like-minded focused people,
(6) Have access to great training and instruction,
(7) Track your stats and progress over time.
At Ultraworking, we're obsessed with the future of work — we constantly read research papers into mental and physical performance, how biochemistry and fatigue effect work, what produces excellent solo work and teamwork, what formats of planning and execution are most effective for people... and we're constantly researching, developing, and testing ways for people to work better.
With The Work Gym, we're looking to create the most effective space for people to both get more work done and to get permanently stronger at work and effectiveness.
Starting With Launch Pricing
and Work Cycles Every Saturday
The first core feature of The Work Gym is having regular, instructor-run Work Cycles available.
We're launching by having Work Cycles available every Saturday, typically 12PM-4PM Eastern time (9AM-1PM Pacific).
Work Cycles is a way to get anywhere from a 10% to 400% boost to productivity through a structured work session with other great people around.
Cycles is a structured way to rapidly plan out a work session, and then buzzsaw through your work. The format is conducive to more productivity and speed, and the gains from having other great people around is motivating and helps with accountability and guidance as well.
The Work Gym is launching with Cycles every Saturday, typically at 12PM Eastern Standard Time (9AM Pacific).
At Launch, a TWG membership will be $29/month. We anticipate that we'll charge either $99/month or $199/month once the full suite of functionality for The Work Gym is available, but people joining at the special Launch pricing will be grandfathered into that rate forever.
Long-Term Roadmap for TWG
We've got some big plans for TWG. Here's the roadmap —
1. Work Cycles 24/7: As our membership grows and we're able to bring on more staff to run sessions, we'll move to hosting Work Cycles 3x per week 1x per day... then 3x per week 3x per day, and eventually 7 days per week x3 per day. Finally, we'll look to use technology to make guided and hosted Work Cycles available 24/7. Within a year or so of launch, you should be able to do some Cycles whenever you want with some great people there.
2. Standard Formats for Accountability Groups, Business Groups, and Book Clubs: A huge number of the most productive people in the world — in business and entrepreneurship, in creative work, and in a host of other disciplines — are part of accountability groups, discussion groups, or book clubs. The problem is, these are hard to get going and hard to keep going. We're currently developing technology to streamline this process so people can join standard-format groups for excellent discussions, accountability, and sharing lessons.
3. Matchmaking Features for Group Discussions and Productivity: If you log into any modern multiplayer video game, you can get connected with another player somewhere around the world with a similar skill level to play a match against them. We think this type of functionality should exist for productivity, work sessions, and discussions — through a mix of surveys and code, get paired with someone at similar skillset and with similar goals, in order to have either a quick shared work session or to explore long-term sharing and discussion.
4. Comprehensive Data and Personalized Guidance: What hours of the day do you perform best? How much work did you do yesterday, last week, and last month? We're building a platform that can take all your data from individual work sessions, as well as habits and longer-term endeavors, to see your stats and get guidance on when you perform best and how you can perform better.
5. Ongoing Tech and Training for Habits, Mental and Physical Performance, Planning, Estimation, and Better Work Sessions. We're starting with Work Cycles because there's an obvious benefit to being able to log on and have a highly productive high-accountability work session once per week. Over time, we'll be building out a mix of tech and events to help you ensure your habits are on-track, your plans and planning are on-track and current, and everything is running smoothly.
6. A ton more stuff to help you get immensely more done. Over time, we'll be releasing a bunch of members-only events and community features, a bunch of useful and insightful ways to track and improve your progress, and integrating with other popular services that do the same. We're working towards helping you get control of how all your time and attention goes, and deploying it to have the best possible life.
These added features are in development right now — as we get closer to feature completeness, we'll be increasing the price, but Launch members will be grandfathered into the $29/month pricing forever.
Join Today, Get Launch Pricing Forever
In the past, we used to charge $140 for a two-day set of Work Cycles. Now, you can get 4 sessions of Work Cycles each month for just $29/month billed quarterly.
We think Work Cycles alone is worth the price of admission here, since it's a massive boost to quality of life and performance. Over time, we'll move towards having Work Cycles available 24/7 for members to be able to log in and get their work done with accountability and guidance in a terrific environment with other great people around.
We're particularly excited to help members form accountability groups, business discussion groups, and book clubs with people of similar interests and skill levels. Some very cool stuff is in the works.
And really, a lot more is coming. We think at $29/month ($87 per quarter), it's a great value that's going to become an even better value over time. People who get Launch Pricing now will be grandfathered into launch pricing forever, even when the price goes to $99/month or $199/month eventually.
We're aiming to make this the single most useful and productivity-resource on all of the Internet — an ambitious vision, to be sure, but one we think we're capable of reaching.
If you join today, you'll get access to 4 sets of guided Work Cycles every month, and all the upcoming features — we'll be releasing major features every single month, to help you get more work done and connect with other like-minded people.
Ready to check it out? You can join here —
Launch Pricing is $29/month, paid quarterly. ($87 for three months)
We've got 50 memberships available at the Launch Pricing Rate, after that it'll increase to $49/month ($147 quarterly).
Sebastian Marshall and Kai Zau