#15: Reality Cop
What do most people do when something unhappy and unpleasant comes up? They tend to plaster it with feel-good feelings and encouragement.
Here at Ultraworking, we have a reality cop, aka Sebastian Marshall, to stop us from avoiding reality. When something's scary or unfamiliar, we embrace the abyss and work through it.
Listen to our previous episode, Is Your Programming Project like IKEA, Home Depot, or an Iron Mine?, here.
1) The team culture at Ultraworking — levelling up and personal goals
2) Not failing at anything in life — that's not good
3) Ambitious goals are kind of like trying on clothes.
5) Encouragement. Why do we encourage?
6) Not hitting your full potential is horrifying.
7) The minute you choose to embark on something is the minute that you could fail. And that's terrifying. So should we be encouraging or face reality?
8) What's stopping you from getting what you want? The answer won't be pleasant. People tend to pretend when this happens.
9) How do you train to stop flinching away from reality?