#14: Is Your Programming Project like IKEA, Home Depot, or an Iron Mine?
Let’s talk programming with the cofounders of Ultraworking, Sebastian Marshall and Kai Zau. Potentially useful for someone’s who’s lightly technical or non-technical — lots of metaphors to describe the programming thinking model in this episode.
1) New software under development from Ultraworking
2) How to make the call in programming process/stages? Where do you start?
3) The dirty secret around product development
4) Starting with the end in mind.
5) Start with the known or unknown? A metaphor. Minesweeper.
6) Beginners really like rules. Experts don't like rules, they use heuristics.
7) How do you manage the process?
8) How do you start to build the thinking model for someone who's lightly technical or non technical who's in an executive role?
9) What's easy, what's hard, what should we prioritise? What's the path to getting the feel of it and what skills do you need?
10) Metaphor to estimate project: IKEA, Home Depot, iron mines.